Proof of Progress
Once you have graded, you may proudly display your logo on your websites and social media pages. You also receive stars on your website profile and can purchase an official certificate marking your progress.
How many of you work hard to learn new pole dancing moves but then fail to get the recognition you deserve? Do friends and family respect your chosen dance/fitness genre or do they chuckle and make snide comments? How many people know about your pole dancing instructor and how much they have taught you?
To be taken seriously in any sport you want recognition for your hard work and the PDC Pole Dance Gradings are the perfect way to chart your pole dancing progression, create new goals and promote pole dancing to your friends and family.
PDC Pole Dance Gradings not only recognise your hard work but they also help to acknowledge the efforts of your instructor
Gradings are also perfect for those of you who can't find a pole dance school near you and who learn in the comfort of your own home spending hours watching Youtube and checking out the pole dancing pictures of those you admire. You can shine just the same.
Submitting a grading is easy just follow these simple steps:
Your £20 annual AAP membership allows you to partake in gradings and gives you one free on-line grading. AAP members also receive special members discounts. Succesfullly graded dancers may order an official certificate of achievement and receive stars in their web profile
Plan your grading. Decide which level of the PDC Syllabus is the most appropriate for you. Don't rush to achieve higher gradings, work through the lower levels and learn safely at your own pace. If you train with a PDC Approved instructor then they can help you with this process. If you train at home on your own then take a look at the grading sheets used by PDC grading assessors to mark the gradings. Pick your 10 chosen moves from your preferred level.
Please make sure you have read the following documents carefully. Before submitting your grading so you can ensure the best chance of grading succcess.
PDC Grading Sheet.
PDC Grading FAQ's.
PDC Grading Preparation Sheet.
Submit your grading. There are four parts to your grading:
1. You need to demonstrate a warm up that is suitable for your moves and level.
2. Execute your 10 moves in isolation.
3. Demonstrate the same 10 moves contained within a routine.
4. Finally you need to demonstrate a cool down element that reflects the moves you have performed in your grading.
There are several ways to submit your on-line grading:
1. Youtube - Upload your videos to youtube and then send us the link for each video. You can set your videos as unlisted so that we can view them but no one else can see them unless you send them the links.
2. File Sharing Program - Using a program such as dropbox you can send us a shareable link. When you look at your shareable folder there will be an option to create a shareable link, copy the shareable link then send it to us so we can pass it to one of our grading assessors. Please don't just make the folder viewable to the PDC e-mail address as we are then unable to forward it to a grading assessor.
So what else do you need to to know?
Pole Dance Grading Costs.
To submit your grading you will need an up to date AAP membership. Each membership includes one free online grading. Subsequent on-line gradings cost £15 each.
Ask your PDC Approved Instructor what they charge to grade you in-house.
Certificates can be bought after your successful gradings at a cost of £5 plus postage (some PDC Approved instructors include this in the price of your grading).
Your exam will be marked out of 130 and you need to score a minimum of 60 points to pass. If you reach 90 points you earn a merit pass and 115 points will earn you a distinction.
To see some examples of video gradings just pop into Youtube and search for PDC pole dance grading.
So how do you rate and do you think you could make the grade?
The dancer membership includes 1 free online grading as well as the following amazing concessions:
10% off Accessories at Pole Motion
These discounts cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or discounts.
Just mail us and we will arrange your discounts :-)