Zorena Roe - PDC Approved 4 star pole dancing instructor.
Zorena Roe is both an accomplished pole dance instructor and performer who has worked hard to achieve her 4 star position, she runs Southampton Aerial Arts School in Sholing, UK. Zorena received her references for her 4 star status from fellow PDC instructors Julie Burns (Southampton Aerial Arts School) and Angela Hawkes (Paradise Fitness).
Julie said "I have supported Zorena in all aspects of her career since she started poling with me in 2008. Zorena completed her language degree and came straight to work for me, My studio would not be a the success it is today without Zorena’s support. Zorena now runs Southampton Aerial Arts school and it is continuing to grow.
Zorena has assisted me in all events over the last few years including showcases, charity work and the successful Solent pole and aerial hoop competition. The reason the competition is such a success and continues to grow is because of Zorena’s knowledge and understanding as well as her passion for the industry.
Zorena has many titles to her name and has made a name for herself within the industry for striving to keep the industry seen in a positive light and for her dedication to the sport. I fully support Zorena’s application to become a level 4 star instructor."
Angela said "Zorena is a very competent pole and aerial instructor, who teaches with safe progressions for students and encourages them to progress. She attends workshops, courses and trains regularly to keep on top of new moves and to continually improve herself. Zorena has coached many students to competition level and she provides a good example to students by competing and performing herself."
Education & Training
• 2009 – 2013: University of Southampton, Southampton.
BA Hons Modern Languages, Upper Second Class – German, Italian and Spanish.
This course included a mandatory year abroad, which I spent studying at the University of Padua, in Italy. Dissertation topic – Women and feminism in 18th/19th Century Venice. (written in Italian)
• July 2011: International House, Palma de Mallorca
CELTA: Cambridge Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (Pass
• Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instruction (Premier Training) - 25/4/2015
• Emergency First Aid course – 22/5/2015
• Spin City Anatomy and Physiology Foundations for Pole and Aerial – 27/10/14
• Spin City Pole Fabrics instructor training course – 22/6/2013
• X-pole Xpert beginner and intermediate trained and passed – 16-17/02/2013
Workshops, Courses & Master-classes Attended:
Amy Hazel 2015
Lisette Krol 2014
Jess Leanne Norris 2014
Nicole Pearson 2014
Kate Edwards 2014
Bendy Kate 2014
Serenity/Elsie Forchion 2014
Alex Schukin 2013
Michelle Shimmy 2013
Cleo the Hurricane 2013
Felix Cane 2013
Daniel Rosen 2013
Sarah Scott 2012
Started teaching pole in mid-2012 with Julie Burns, at Julie’s Dance Studio. Started teaching aerial hoop in early 2013.
Started teaching fitness for pole/aerial classes in early 2013.
Started teaching doubles workshops with Angela Hawkes in early 2014. Teaching fitness/circuit classes from mid 2014.
Taught doubles workshops at:
Paradise Fitness - Fareham SAAS - Southampton Polenastics - Milton Keynes
KL Pole and Aerial Studio - Essex
Totally Pole Dancing - Surrey
Pole Passion - Bognor Regis
Student's Aerial Arts success:
• Lauren Smith - 2nd place Advanced Pole at IPAAT 2015.
• Joleen Whyte - 2nd place Expert Pole at Solent Pole & Aerial Hoop Competition 2014.
• Joleen Whyte and Laura Hale - 2nd place Doubles at Solent Pole & Aerial Hoop Competition
• Lauren Smith - 3rd place Intermediate Pole at Solent Pole & Aerial Hoop Competition 2014.
• Chloe Mason - 3rd place Performers Pole at Solent Pole & Aerial Hoop Competition 2014.
• Joleen Whyte - qualified as a finalist for Polenastics 2014 (could not compete due to illness)
• Joleen Whyte and Laura Hale - 2nd place Doubles at UKAPP Final 2013.
• Joleen Whye and Laura Hale - Expert Pole Champions (tie) at Solent Pole Competition Nov
• Laura Hale - 1st place Expert Pole at UKAPP Hertford Semi Finals 2013.
• Joleen Whyte - 2nd place Expert Pole at UKAPP Hertford Semi Finals 2013.
• Joleen Whyte and Laura Hales - 1st place Doubles at UKAPP Hertford Semi Finals 2013.
• Joleen Whyte and Laura Hale - Amateur Doubles Champions at Solent Pole Competition Feb and Nov. 2013.
• Joleen Whyte - Expert Category Champion at Solent Pole Competition Feb 2013.
• Sophie Bowers - 2nd place Intermediate Hoop at IPAAT 2015.
• Laura Hale - 3rd place Intermediate Hoop at IPAAT 2015.
• Sophie Bowers - 1st place O 13’s Hoop at the Young Person’s Aerial Hoop Competition 2015.
• Frances Fort - 3rd place O 13’s Hoop at the Young Person’s Aerial Hoop Competition 2015.
• Grace Hales - 3rd place U 13’s Hoop at the Young Person’s Aerial Hoop Competition 2015.
• Lauren Smith - 5th place at the Solent Pole and Aerial Hoop Competition 2014.
• Lauren Smith - 1st place Hoop at Solent Pole and Aerial Hoop Competition 2013.
Continuing Professional Development:
• Level 3 Award in Designing Pre and Post Natal Exercise Programmes (in progress - due to finish in October 2015)
• Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training (in progress - due to finish in August 2015)
• Certificate in Kettlebell Instructor Training (August 2015)
• International Pole and Aerial Tournament final Doubles 3rd place - 5/4/2015
• IPAAT 2015 quarter/semi-finals Doubles 1st place
• UKPPC Doubles Champion – 30/11/2014
• Miss Pole Dance UK Doubles 4th place – 4/10/2014
• Midlands Pole Competition Doubles 3rd place – 5/7/2014
• Polenastics Doubles 2nd place – 14/6/2014
• Emma’s Pole Dancing Competition Advanced Hoop Champion – 19/4/2014
• Emma’s Pole Dancing Competition Doubles finalist – 19/4/2014
• British Pole Superstar Championships Doubles 2nd place – 15/3/2014
• Solent Pole Competitions Professional Doubles Champion – 24/11/2013
• Polenastics Pole Competition Professional Finalist – 22/6/2013
• Solent Pole Competition Professional Champion – 24/2/2013
Professional Pole Appearances:
• “A Night of Elevation” at the Point Theatre, Eastleigh - April 2015
• Southampton University Pole Showcase - March 2015
• Gymnastics Gala - July 2014
• Southampton University Pole Showcase - March 2014
• Inter University Pole Competition - March 2014
• UKAPP Hertford heat - July 2013
• Southampton University Pole Showcase - April 2013
• Chamberlayne Gymnastics Club Gala - February 2013
• Plus avg. 4 studio shows per year at SAAS/Julie’s Dance Studio
• Judged SAAS Young Person’s Aerial Hoop Competition 2015 - 22/2/2015
• Inter-University Pole Dancing Competition Judge – 8/4/2014
Sponsorship (gained or provided):
Solent Pole and Aerial Hoop Competition (I’m the co-organiser) sponsored IPAAT 2015.
SAAS regularly sponsors local charity nights and events held at our studio.
Pole Dancing Promotions Involvement:
• Local wellbeing Fair - January 2015
• Local wedding Fair - November 2014
• Southampton University Pole Society Bunfight - September 2013
• Chamberlayne Leisure Centre Summer fayre - August 2013
Zorena has featured in several editorial pieces including her success at UKPPC 2014.
Zorena is a PDC Authorised grading assessor who has successfully completed her level 5 grading as well as guiding many of her students through the pole dance grading exams.
Pole Dancing Goals & Aspirations:
I would like to continue competing for a while, focussing more on solos if possible!
I aim to continue co-organising the annual Solent Pole and Aerial Hoop Competition, and, help it grow even more.
I would love to have the opportunity to judge at more competitions, as well as teach more workshops - as a solo.
I really enjoy performing and hope to be able to perform more - both as a guest performer and as a
“professional” performer for events.